Tuesday 14 October 2014

Hot Artichoke & Chili Dip

This is my 'let's pretend I'm being fancy but I'm really not' dip.


I almost feel guilty sharing this with you as it is so unbelievably easy as well as being ridiculously scrummy. This is an everyone pleaser; even if you don't like artichokes - try it. I'll make it for you. Lets see how you feel about artichokes then.

The cheesyness (yes, there is cheesyness) combined with the artichoke (that bit's in the title, don't be surprised) is then mind blowingly topped off with the spicy garlic & chili. Just dreamy. I know it't not a very attractive dip (what dip is?) so choose a fancy pot and a good looking loaf of bread and you're sorted. Or stick it in a tuppaware and tuck in, either way is fine by me.

It's best served with some crusty baguette or toasted sourdough. I'll tell you about my pita chips soon then you should use those. Your mind will actually be blown so please do be careful.

If you don't like chili (wimp) just leave it out.

Hot Artichoke & Chili Dip


Quantities: Serves 4 as a starter

Timings: 30 mins (15 mins prep, 15 cooking)


Kitchen Stuff: Chopping Board, Fancy oven-proof dish, mixing bowl


Ingredients:  

2 tins Artichoke hearts, drained
Parmesan Wedge, about 250g, grated
150g (about 3/4 cup) Mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or pressed 
1 fresh red chili, finely chopped, apart from a few rings for presentation (if you're fancy)
Salt and Pepper

Method:
Careful, it's complicated.

Preheat the oven to 220C  

1. HEARTICHOKES: Chop/blend/smush your artichoke hearts. If you blend them, your dip will be smooth. I, personally, like it a little lumpy so I just go at them with a sharp knife. See below for my levels of smush-ness.

2. ALL THE OTHER STUFF: Add three quarters of the grated Parmesan, mayo, garlic, chili, flaky salt and ground pepper. Smush more. 


3. MAKE IT HOT: Put your artichoke splendidness into your baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese and chili bits. Bake it in your hot oven for 15 mins until the top is bubbly and browing at the edges.


pre oven

Wait for it to cool for a few mins then rip off chunks of crusty bread and scoop out the glorious scrumptiousness. Don't burn your mouth.




No comments:

Post a Comment